I am going to do a tutorial for the mashup assignment, 2 Movies, 1 Line. This is only really for Mac users with iMovie. After spending a lot of time struggling to learn other video makers, I discovered that I could do a lot with iMovie and it is simple. So this tutorial is for a easy combining of 2 videos into
1. Find the 2 clips you would like to use. In my case, I found a video of Suicide Squad and of the Men in Black on Youtube.
2. Use onlinevideoconverter.com to convert the Youtube videos into .MP4 format and download to your computer.
3. Then bring the clips you would like to use into iMovie.
4. Highlight the clip you want and drag the ends to the part that you need. Do this for both clips.
5. Add in transitions to make the transition between the 2 clips smooth.
6. When complete, Click File > Share > File… This will put your video into a file on your computer. You can also email your video, add it to iTunes, and put it on Facebook. I have tried the upload to Youtube button but it never works for me so this is how I get it on to Youtube.
7. Go to your YouTube Channel and click the UPLOAD button.
8. Choose your video and it will automatically start to upload. It then gives you the option to title and give a description. Make sure you have a good title, description of video, and always tag #DS106.
9. You are now done and can use the link from Youtube to embed it into your post!
Here is my final product post: